VISUAL WEB DEVELOPER

wvd2005 , sql , id and password request United States
  • 12 years ago
    I have just created a simple default.aspx connecting a gridview to a table in a SQL database. When running the page in a browser a Window pops up asking me to: Please type your username and password. Any ideas why this is happening and how can I eliminate it? Thank you Pati2005
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, Do you have rights to access the server with the SQL database? It might be asking for credentials to connect to it. Regards Si
  • 12 years ago
    Hello Si, Tks for the reply. How can I be sure I have access to the database? As far as I know I do have access. I have not implemented any restrictions to it. Best Regards Pati2005
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, well you can check by connecting to it with the details you have set in the connection string. also, if you are deploying this to an IIS server, make sure that the ASPnet account on that machine has access to the database machine. Si
  • 12 years ago
    Hello Si, I am using an IIS server. The ASPNET account has access to the database. I found out that it was a problem with the directory rights. I moved it to a different path and it is working now. Thanks for your assistance. Rgds Pati2005

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.”