Advice required for learning correct languages

csharp , languages , learning Luton, United Kingdom
  • 11 years ago
    Hi Guys and Gals, I'm new here and to the devolopment industry, and I'm trying to break into the industry. My background dates back to 1982 where I used Sinclair Basic and then used Basic on the Atari ST. I then for reasons beyond me stopped programming, I am currently doing an Introduction to Software Development using C# which I'm doing very well at. My question is to get into the industry what languages is best to learn? Many Thanks
  • 11 years ago
    hmm, i am not the big expert, however.. i'd recommand C# as ur starting point, easy to learn... once ur over with the basics.. it is good to decide whether you want to go into Desktop application programming or web development. both are pretty close.. however with the crazily developing market.. it is good to focus on a certain division ..and go forward from there.. that is my simple humble opinion ... for web development .. i recommend reading some java scripting, and ajax controls .. reading how to databind and communicate with SQL databases (Ms-SQL , MYSQL, oracle ).. is a necessity good luck ... and enjoy.. programming world is a pretty enjoyable world to be in :)
  • 11 years ago
    Hi Programming not depends on language it depends on your interest. How ever i will recommended for Beginner he must take over view of Java & C#. It is from these language to under stand OOPS concepts . Regard Muhammad Idrees
  • 11 years ago
    I agree with Mr. Muhammad Idrees, C# is a good starting point for understanding the concept of OOP from there on you can venture to othere languages. Java is one of the more indemand languages today. knowledge on database developement susch as MS SQL, My SQL is also a must. God luck and have fun! dacgonzales
  • 11 years ago
    if you interested in web related programming it's now time to study Adobe flex it has a wide opportunity it can be used us desktop applications also... best wishes
  • 11 years ago

hey Programming languages not depends on languages.Its depends on practice how much u can do practice.

harie

office jobs

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” - Martin Fowler