Interrupted Inputs!

msoffice , access , vba India
  • 11 years ago
    Hello Friends. I am Prabha Karan from Thanjavur (South India). I am currently working in a Retail Management Tool using Ms-Access. I made a menu command which on-action runs a procedure which asks the user to enter the number of the invoice (invoice_no) to open. I used an input-box to get the data from the user. There is no problem in open the corresponding invoice using the docmd command object. But the problem is if the user changes the mind to not open an old invoice, He has to click the cancel button to get rid of the displayed box. But I am getting an error while my user clicks the cancel button in that particular input box. Why? I am giving here the code… Kindly, explain why this is not happening in this way? If possible, tell me an alternate. Thanks in Advance. Public Function open_invoice() Docmd.openform “invoice”,acnormal,,invoice_no=inputbox(“Enter the invoice no and press Ok”) End function

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” - Edsger Dijkstra