I want to print but its Publishes…

msoffice , access , vba India
  • 11 years ago
    Hello Friends. I am Prabha Karan, an amateur VBA Developer from Thanjavur (South India). I was creating a small retail management tool for my friend. Luckily, I have done it almost without any flaws but one problem even though it’s not a flaw technically. Okay I created a report to print a bill having its corresponding sales item details in it using a sub-report. For example bill no.1 has 5 items in it to sale though bill no.2 has 100 items in it to sale. As for now I set A4 as the default page for the report named bill. But my friend is only having dot matrix printer. I hope you know that dot matrix printers are not having separate papers instead they have paper rolls in it. I think the main advantage of using a roll than separate papers is to reduce the paper wastage. But the method I am currently using is wasting a lot of paper by fully ejecting the paper up to A4 size even though it prints only a small part vertically. We have to roll-back again the non-printed portion after cutting out the printed portion thus wasting our time effectively. I definitely believe since dot-matrix printers were invented a very long time before, there must be a way to overcome this problem. I am expecting your answers at the earliest. Thank you all.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.” - Robert R. Coveyou