Problematic Percents!

msoffice , access , vba India
  • 11 years ago
    Hello Friends. I am Prabha Karan from Thanjavur (South India). Currently I am working in a small Retail tool using access which mostly deals with the items having MRP and also a default tax percentage for that product. In our country (India) a new kind of tax called VAT (Value Added Tax) has been introduced. Most of the Commodities have 4% as the default VAT percent and some have 12% and some don’t have VAT Tax. I assumed the number data type to store the default percentage of an item and tried to format as a percentage. Here the problem came. Let’s Assume… Item Table Structure: Id : Auto number Name : String MRP : Currency VAT : Number (Formatted as Percentage) Item Table Data: Id Name MRP VAT 1 Item1 10.00 4 2 Item2 15.00 12 3 Item3 25.00 (Null) Query1 Structure: Column1 : Item Name Column2 : Quantity Column3 : (MRP x Quantity) + (MRP*VAT) Expected Query1 Result: Column1 Column2 Column3 Item1 2 28 Actual Query1 Result: Column1 Column2 Column3 Item1 2 60 Why this happen? How to overcome this? I also tried to give the VAT percent data in decimals i.e. giving as .4 or .12 but I didn’t accept it. Why? Thanks in advance.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Anyone who considers arithmetic methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin.” - John von Neumann