ASP .NET Session issues!

asp .net , sessions , database United Kingdom
  • 11 years ago
    I have a simple SQL Server database which store user, for some reason when a number of users "login" some will get the same login information as other users in the same room when they each have unique usernames and passwords. The code uses ASP .NET sessions and the site was once hosted on a server with no problems, which leads me to think this new server is the cause of the issue. Any ideas? Thanks, Aaron
  • 11 years ago
    Hi, If you are using a network setup that creates a central area for cookies, your users might be picking up each others cookies and ending up with the same details. This has happened to me in the past and caused no shortage of mayhem. Si

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” - Martin Fowler