AJAX News Ticker Decay

jquery , news ticker , javascript , ajax Milwaukee, United States
  • 8 years ago

Hello All,

I am relatively new to jquery but I have been charged at work to write a plugin for an AJAX news Ticker.

I have had problems with the ticker animating. It runs correctly the first three cycles, but then the fourth cycle no longer animates. My code up to this point is here:

I'm not sure what the issue is. The function which does the animation is still being called because the ajax data continues to be updated. But the animation no longer runs. I suspect there is some kind of memory leak.

My code looks like this: jQuery.fn.initTicker = function(){ return this.each(function(){ $self = jQuery(this);

//find ul width:
                        tickerscrollW = $self.width();
                        var parentW = 0;
                        parentW = 500;
                        //alert("Parent Element\n\n#tickerwrapper width: " + parentW);
                                position: "relative",
                                left: parentW/2
                                        left: 0
                                        $.get("data.php", function(data){

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// $(function(){ $("#tickerscroll").initTicker(); });

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.”