Accessing dll from vb.net application

VB.NET , vb .net 3.5 , vs 2008 India
  • 11 years ago

Hi, I had an application written using vb 6.0 i converted it into vb.net 3.5 framework. In this application i use to pass a structre by ref to dll which is written in vc ++ (unmanaged code). when i run the program i use to get the following error

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

A first chance exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in ABC.exe

now here is a code snippet how i am calling this function

Public Declare Function RunCommSpec1 Lib "XYZ.dll" Alias "CDE" (ByRef ASD As HTY, ByRef dataStruct As RET) As Byte

the DLL is in bin directory

I can not understand why i am getting this error. i worked almost a week for this error.

Thanks

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” - Niels Bohr