how to use console application as service

csharp , sql server2005 , consoleApplication Karāchi, Pakistan
  • 11 years ago

hello;

I have a problem using console application.I mostly use Windows application. I m using C# 2005 and Sql server2005 as part of my project.I am using 3layered architecture i have method in Business class:

public static int DataSelectionForAutoGeneratedMsg(string strTableName, out List strContactNos) Because i have to check that if a customer has his reservation booked for next day then he should be reminded for that.For that our service (which i m intended to built using console app) keep checking in the reservation table having columns(custid,reservationdate,service_name) .

then if the result of the query is correct i.e if it returns datatable then it has to send sms to that customer.Below is the code but i have not included the coding for sending sms here.Instead of that i have just used the Console.Writeline statement so that atlaest this par works

also i have not included the coding of internal class ConnectionString Hope the information will be enough for u to understand

Code:

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.Data.SqlClient; using HRCF.BL;// adding Business logic using HRCF.DB;//adding database using System.ComponentModel;

namespace ConsoleApp_service { public class services

{

//private CHRCFDB m_objCHRCFDB = null;
       public  services()
       {
           //m_objCHRCFDB = new CHRCFDB();

}
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("it is reading this line");

//I dont kno whether the following line of cde is correct string result = CheckingReservation("reservation", out dtTableRecords_out); }

public static string CheckingReservation(string strTableName, out DataTable dtTableRecords_out)
       {

string strQueryString = "";
           SqlCommand objSqlCommand = null;
           SqlConnection objSqlConnection = null;
           DataSet objDataSet = null;
           SqlDataAdapter objDataAdapter = null;
      // to check from the current date 
           string ritenow = Convert.ToString(System.DateTime.Now);

try
           {
               objDataSet = new DataSet();
               objDataAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter();
               objSqlConnection = new SqlConnection(ConnectionString.GetSQLConnectionString());
               strQueryString = "select cust_id,ser_name from reservation where  date = " + ritenow;
               objSqlCommand = new SqlCommand(strQueryString, objSqlConnection);

objDataAdapter.SelectCommand = objSqlCommand;
               objSqlConnection.Open();
               objDataSet.Clear();

objDataAdapter.Fill(objDataSet);
               objSqlConnection.Close();
               dtTableRecords_out = objDataSet.Tables[0];

if (dtTableRecords_out != null)
               {
                   Console.WriteLine("Service is reserved for today");
               }
               else
               {
                   Console.WriteLine("No reservation for today");
               }
           }
           finally
           {
               if (objSqlConnection.State == ConnectionState.Open)
               {
               }

}
           return strQueryString;

}

} }

I am unable to find any error.When i debug it then nothing happens no black window instead of it an empty form appears.

• 11 years ago

hello;

I have a problem using console application.I mostly use Windows application. I m using C# 2005 and Sql server2005 as part of my project.I am using 3layered architecture i have method in Business class:

public static int DataSelectionForAutoGeneratedMsg(string strTableName, out List strContactNos) Because i have to check that if a customer has his reservation booked for next day then he should be reminded for that.For that our service (which i m intended to built using console app) keep checking in the reservation table having columns(custid,reservationdate,service_name) .

then if the result of the query is correct i.e if it returns datatable then it has to send sms to that customer.Below is the code but i have not included the coding for sending sms here.Instead of that i have just used the Console.Writeline statement so that atlaest this par works

also i have not included the coding of internal class ConnectionString Hope the information will be enough for u to understand

Code:

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.Data.SqlClient; using HRCF.BL;// adding Business logic using HRCF.DB;//adding database using System.ComponentModel;

namespace ConsoleApp_service { public class services

{

//private CHRCFDB m_objCHRCFDB = null;
       public  services()
       {
           //m_objCHRCFDB = new CHRCFDB();

}
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("it is reading this line");

//I dont kno whether the following line of cde is correct string result = CheckingReservation("reservation", out dtTableRecords_out); }

public static string CheckingReservation(string strTableName, out DataTable dtTableRecords_out)
       {

string strQueryString = "";
           SqlCommand objSqlCommand = null;
           SqlConnection objSqlConnection = null;
           DataSet objDataSet = null;
           SqlDataAdapter objDataAdapter = null;
      // to check from the current date 
           string ritenow = Convert.ToString(System.DateTime.Now);

try
           {
               objDataSet = new DataSet();
               objDataAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter();
               objSqlConnection = new SqlConnection(ConnectionString.GetSQLConnectionString());
               strQueryString = "select cust_id,ser_name from reservation where  date = " + ritenow;
               objSqlCommand = new SqlCommand(strQueryString, objSqlConnection);

objDataAdapter.SelectCommand = objSqlCommand;
               objSqlConnection.Open();
               objDataSet.Clear();

objDataAdapter.Fill(objDataSet);
               dtTableRecords_out = objDataSet.Tables[0];

if (dtTableRecords_out != null)
               {
                   Console.WriteLine("Service is reserved for today");
               }
               else
               {
                   Console.WriteLine("No reservation for today");
               }
           }
           finally
           {
               if (objSqlConnection.State == ConnectionState.Open)
               {
               }

}
           return strQueryString;

}

} }

I am unable to find any error.When i debug it then nothing happens no black window instead of it an empty form appears.

• 11 years ago

I have chked your code in web environment this code works fine, but the parameter "strTableName" is never used in this program.

• 11 years ago

yeah my problem has been solved. Thankyou

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Every language has an optimization operator. In C++ that operator is ‘//’”