how to use console application as service

csharp , sql server2005 , consoleApplication Karāchi, Pakistan
  • 9 years ago

hello;

I have a problem using console application.I mostly use Windows application. I m using C# 2005 and Sql server2005 as part of my project.I am using 3layered architecture i have method in Business class:

public static int DataSelectionForAutoGeneratedMsg(string strTableName, out List strContactNos) Because i have to check that if a customer has his reservation booked for next day then he should be reminded for that.For that our service (which i m intended to built using console app) keep checking in the reservation table having columns(custid,reservationdate,service_name) .

then if the result of the query is correct i.e if it returns datatable then it has to send sms to that customer.Below is the code but i have not included the coding for sending sms here.Instead of that i have just used the Console.Writeline statement so that atlaest this par works

also i have not included the coding of internal class ConnectionString Hope the information will be enough for u to understand

Code:

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.Data.SqlClient; using HRCF.BL;// adding Business logic using HRCF.DB;//adding database using System.ComponentModel;

namespace ConsoleApp_service { public class services

{

//private CHRCFDB m_objCHRCFDB = null;
       public  services()
       {
           //m_objCHRCFDB = new CHRCFDB();

}
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("it is reading this line");

//I dont kno whether the following line of cde is correct string result = CheckingReservation("reservation", out dtTableRecords_out); }

public static string CheckingReservation(string strTableName, out DataTable dtTableRecords_out)
       {

string strQueryString = "";
           SqlCommand objSqlCommand = null;
           SqlConnection objSqlConnection = null;
           DataSet objDataSet = null;
           SqlDataAdapter objDataAdapter = null;
      // to check from the current date 
           string ritenow = Convert.ToString(System.DateTime.Now);

try
           {
               objDataSet = new DataSet();
               objDataAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter();
               objSqlConnection = new SqlConnection(ConnectionString.GetSQLConnectionString());
               strQueryString = "select cust_id,ser_name from reservation where  date = " + ritenow;
               objSqlCommand = new SqlCommand(strQueryString, objSqlConnection);

objDataAdapter.SelectCommand = objSqlCommand;
               objSqlConnection.Open();
               objDataSet.Clear();

objDataAdapter.Fill(objDataSet);
               objSqlConnection.Close();
               dtTableRecords_out = objDataSet.Tables[0];

if (dtTableRecords_out != null)
               {
                   Console.WriteLine("Service is reserved for today");
               }
               else
               {
                   Console.WriteLine("No reservation for today");
               }
           }
           finally
           {
               if (objSqlConnection.State == ConnectionState.Open)
               {
               }

}
           return strQueryString;

}

} }

I am unable to find any error.When i debug it then nothing happens no black window instead of it an empty form appears.

• 9 years ago

hello;

I have a problem using console application.I mostly use Windows application. I m using C# 2005 and Sql server2005 as part of my project.I am using 3layered architecture i have method in Business class:

public static int DataSelectionForAutoGeneratedMsg(string strTableName, out List strContactNos) Because i have to check that if a customer has his reservation booked for next day then he should be reminded for that.For that our service (which i m intended to built using console app) keep checking in the reservation table having columns(custid,reservationdate,service_name) .

then if the result of the query is correct i.e if it returns datatable then it has to send sms to that customer.Below is the code but i have not included the coding for sending sms here.Instead of that i have just used the Console.Writeline statement so that atlaest this par works

also i have not included the coding of internal class ConnectionString Hope the information will be enough for u to understand

Code:

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.Data.SqlClient; using HRCF.BL;// adding Business logic using HRCF.DB;//adding database using System.ComponentModel;

namespace ConsoleApp_service { public class services

{

//private CHRCFDB m_objCHRCFDB = null;
       public  services()
       {
           //m_objCHRCFDB = new CHRCFDB();

}
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("it is reading this line");

//I dont kno whether the following line of cde is correct string result = CheckingReservation("reservation", out dtTableRecords_out); }

public static string CheckingReservation(string strTableName, out DataTable dtTableRecords_out)
       {

string strQueryString = "";
           SqlCommand objSqlCommand = null;
           SqlConnection objSqlConnection = null;
           DataSet objDataSet = null;
           SqlDataAdapter objDataAdapter = null;
      // to check from the current date 
           string ritenow = Convert.ToString(System.DateTime.Now);

try
           {
               objDataSet = new DataSet();
               objDataAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter();
               objSqlConnection = new SqlConnection(ConnectionString.GetSQLConnectionString());
               strQueryString = "select cust_id,ser_name from reservation where  date = " + ritenow;
               objSqlCommand = new SqlCommand(strQueryString, objSqlConnection);

objDataAdapter.SelectCommand = objSqlCommand;
               objSqlConnection.Open();
               objDataSet.Clear();

objDataAdapter.Fill(objDataSet);
               dtTableRecords_out = objDataSet.Tables[0];

if (dtTableRecords_out != null)
               {
                   Console.WriteLine("Service is reserved for today");
               }
               else
               {
                   Console.WriteLine("No reservation for today");
               }
           }
           finally
           {
               if (objSqlConnection.State == ConnectionState.Open)
               {
               }

}
           return strQueryString;

}

} }

I am unable to find any error.When i debug it then nothing happens no black window instead of it an empty form appears.

• 9 years ago

I have chked your code in web environment this code works fine, but the parameter "strTableName" is never used in this program.

• 9 years ago

yeah my problem has been solved. Thankyou

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter” - Eric Raymond