problem with special characters

special characters , javascript , jquery Ede, Netherlands
  • 11 years ago

Hello, I have the following problem and I hope someone could help me. I am using jquery autocomplete plugin. The problem is that I am loading a javascript array with the data to be hinted (completed). Some words have special character (specifically Skarsterlân). When I save that word using html special character as Skarsterlân , the word is hinted into the field as it should (Skarsterlân), but when I select that word, it shows as Skarsterlân .

I tried the other way around and the problem reverts (it appears hinted as Skarsterl�n) and after being selected it appears as Skarsterl�n.

Did someone knows a workaround for this problem. I would really appreciate some help in this issue.

Best regards.

• 11 years ago

Hello, I have the following problem and I hope someone could help me. I am using jquery autocomplete plugin. The problem is that I am loading a javascript array with the data to be hinted (completed). Some words have special character (specifically Skarsterlân). When I save that word using html special character as Skarsterlân , the word is hinted into the field as it should (Skarsterlân), but when I select that word, it shows as Skarsterlân .

I tried the other way around and the problem reverts (it appears hinted as Skarsterl�n) and after being selected it appears as Skarsterl�n.

Did someone knows a workaround for this problem. I would really appreciate some help in this issue.

Best regards.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.” - E. W. Dijkstra