Loading Web pages automatically

javascript United States
  • 18 years ago

Does anyone know of any code that will check a number of web pages.

I need to make sure that 3 web pages are running. I would like to automate a browser to call each page in tur evry say 15 mins. If I could find something to do this I would be happy.

Extra to the wish list would be some sort of audio and/or email alert if the page did not load for any reason.

Not sure this can be done. It could be a simple matter of constructing a web page with two frames. One contains the code which would load each of the website home pages in turn into the second.

Thanks in anticipation.

• 18 years ago

in the page that you want to have been loaded you could assign the boolean value "true" to the variable "isLoaded" and then from the checking frame, check to see if "isLoaded==true"... if it doesnt then you know the page hasn't loaded.

not sure if that's what u wanted but i hope it is!

if you want to send email alerts you should use CDONTS in ASP. do a search on Google if ur not sure wot that is.

• 18 years ago

Is there any way to do this on pages on another site ?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.” - Dennis Ritchie