Implementing ISite to have access to DesignMode in

csharp United States
  • 18 years ago

I am creating a custom control that inherits the ComboBox class. I would like to use the ISite.DesignMode indicator to determine if the control is being viewed in design mode but the property always comes up false. MSDN documentation says the design mode indicator is stored in the ISite; therefore, if the Component does not have an ISite associated with it, this property is always false. Other things I have read said to assign the atribute to the class to designate which class to apply the ISite implementation but I have not seen any examples that put all the pieces together. Can anyone share with me this method or any other method that would allow me to determine when this custom control based on a combobox is in design mode?

Thanks,

Kyle

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray