I need some feedback fast about C, please help

csharp United States
  • 18 years ago

Hi everyone:

I need your opinion about something.

My first language was C++, in Turbo C, a long time ago, doing applications for MS DOS. Compared to what I use now, I see it as a joke... Im sure Im not too far from the truth.

I know there is Visual C++, which is totally different. And I've studied C#.NET in college. I've studied Visual Java++ too - latest version.

However I dont get the point... how can you compare Visual C++, or V C#, or V Java++ environments and features, with the Design tools of Visual Studio/VBasic, or with the amazing things you can do with ASP.NET in Visual Studio.NET.

All I did with Visual C#.NET was some type of scripting, same with Visual Java++, I've never done anything that looked like real software. I don't even know how to design a form, even a small window with them. I did some graphics with Turbo C for DOS - oh boy those were amazing...  

Question: How hard is it to design forms with Visual C++ or Visual Java++, you have to reference libraries and write all the code, or you can get some tools to do it? Do you think that it can be compared to VB 6.0 or .NET, regarding time saving and possibilities?

The market sounds desperate for C++ programmers, however, I dont feel anything that makes me wish to learn more about it, after I've tried Visual Studio and Basic/ASP... (these last ones look like science fiction near the others - a dream come true).

Am I wrong about this? Does Visual C++ or V Java++ offers real possibilities of developing some decent software, with apropriate tools and useful components... (saving the time you save with V Basic features)

The market wants it bad, I could develop my skills on those other 2 languages, but... it all looks like a boring keyboard over-use and time wasting environments, cause all I've seen so far is just code, and code and code... tell me Im wrong, if theres anyway to design and do object-oriented programming? How do you do it?

Thank you - this is a litle bit like venting...

LMDG

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“God could create the world in six days because he didn't have to make it compatible with the previous version.”