ArrayList vs List<T> and IList

csharp , asp.net , vb Ţungī, Bangladesh
  • 12 years ago
    When we use arraylist rather than Listor IList? whats the Facilities of ArrayList or list and IList. Please Reply me as soon as possible.
  • 12 years ago
    I don't remember that clever words from msdn, but it was like "using of Generic.List or List is recommended, while using of ArrayList should be limited". In my words: I am still replacing all ArrayLists in my [support library](http://quilt.ic.cz/tmp/upl/Soft.htm#support) with generic Lists - just because they don't require CType and such extra code monsters, but also because of that msdn article I read. But - sometimes **just from sentiment **I let there be an arraylist. Probably only place where to use ArrayList very in very legitimate way, is when you need to store list of arrays of different elementtype... then would usage of arraylist helped u later to understand code. But for us, old dogs of ArrayList ;)) this is not possible - we are used to expect anything in arrayList.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” - Niels Bohr