Running a program manually vs as a task

.net , csharp United States
  • 18 years ago

Experts here, I need some urgent help...I am trying to run a .net console application that would in turn kick off a .net windows application. When I run the console application as a scheduled task, it starts and then gives
    the error as given below. Strange thing is when I run the console application manually , it runs fine and starts the windows application etc. Only when run as a task it logs the error below in the Event Viewer. I searched the web
    for this error and at one place indicated to compile the exe in release mode and not debug mode and tried that too , no use. Unfortunately, this application needs to run only as a task and not manually. how do I get it, thanks.
    Error:
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version
    1.0.3705.0- RunSPA.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging
    Services: Application has generated an exception that
    could not be handled.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Anyone who considers arithmetic methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin.” - John von Neumann