What is the best mobile development hardware/software configuration?

hardware , software , configuration , mobile , development Baltimore, United States
  • 10 years ago

Hi, I am new to mobile software development. What is the best hardware and software configuration to use? My current desktop machine doesn't have enough RAM to download the JAVA ME SDK (has 504 Mb needs at least 1 Gb). So either I have to upgrade my current machine or get another machine. If I get another machine what should I get? I am eyeing an HP Pavilion laptop. What are experienced mobile developer's using? Thanks for your help.

Steve

• 10 years ago

hey Steve - welcome to Developer Fusion. If your current machine has 504MB of RAM I'm guessing it's quite old - so you'd be much better off buying another machine.

What kind of budget do you have for a new machine? You'll generally get a better spec on a desktop, but obviously depends if you actually need a laptop or not! :)

• 10 years ago

Hi James, thanks for responding. I have money to invest in a worthwhile machine. I don't really need a laptop. . . I just thought it would be more convenient because it's portable. What workstation do you use?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“To iterate is human, to recurse divine” - L. Peter Deutsch