How do you do test driven development?

agile testing , test , test driven development Calgary, Canada
  • 10 years ago

Hi, I am doing research on how people do TDD to discover ways to make developers' life easier. If you are a developer who practices TDD please answer these two questions:

(A) When you want to add functionality to unfamiliar code, how often do you read the tests to understand the program? Seldom Sometimes Usually

(B) When you are changing existing functionality, what process do you follow? please order the following tasks. Do not use a task if you do not do it. You can use a task multiple time. Please describe what you actually do and not what you think should be done. 1 I refactor the code, 2 I change the code, 3 I disregard whether any tests relevant to the functionality of interest exists, 4 I discover, read, and examine the existing tests relevant to the functionality of interest, 5 If I do not know the program, I will read tests to understand how the program works, 6 If I do not know the program, I will run tests and trace them to understand how the program works, 7 If I do not know the program, I will run the program (not the test) to understand how it works, 8 If I do not know the program, I will read the program (not the test) to understand how it works, 9 I write new tests for what I am changing (some tests might be contradicting existing tests), 10 I Write new tests for new classes, 11 I change existing tests, 12 I fix failed tests, 13 I watch tests fail, If you use any other tasks within the process please describe: Please post your answers in this forum. Thanks, Valeh

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.” - Gavin Russell Baker