Invalid user account in C# Installer setup

Csharp , VS2010 , Window Service , Windows 7 Woking-Byfleet, United Kingdom
  • 10 years ago

Hi,

I've created a simple window service using VS2008 and added ProjectInstaller.cs file in it with all required settings of serviceInstaller & serviceProcessInstaller. During the installation, the installer asks for user name / password with some other input. The service installs successfully if I give valid user credentials. For this I am using a service.account in my domain who is having all permissions. (The service should run under a specific user account to client machine and not under localService or LocalMachine account)

I then upgraded the project to VS 2010 and tried to install the service in the same fashion as I did in VS2008. This time service gave me Win32 exception (NativeErrorCode = 1332) error.

I've added a Setup & deployment project to install/uninstall the service. A also tried with installutil.exe but no success. I am not sure where did I make the mistake as I did not change even a single line but upgrade the system.

I am using Windows 7 as OS and VSTS 2010 Premium as dev env.

Can anyone help please?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Before software should be reusable, it should be usable.” - Ralph Johnson