Follow process ID on Windows 7 64 bit

vb6 , windows 7 , 64 bit , process id Netherlands
  • 10 years ago

I have written code to start a Windows Terminal Client session and follow the ID of that process. It all worked fine for over 2 years. Now systems are being upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and my program fails to follow the process ID. It seems that Windows 7 starts the Terminal Client program and then switches to an other process ID. This cannot be seen in the process manager since the first process ID only lasts for microseconds.

The question is: can i follow this change of process ID? I cannot do it by tracking the window title because multiple terminal sessions are possible and they all have the same name.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout