How is PropertyChangedEventHandler used?

linq , csharp , Events United States
  • 10 years ago

How is PropertyChangedEventHandler used? Can you tell me what this bit of code in a class' Initalize method does? There is a class in the project we are working on that has a private Initialize method. And there is a bit of code in this method that I want to discuss.
    But first, let me describe the class. The class is defined as something like this: public class Skoobie : BaseThingy, ISkoobie

So, that means that the class, “Skoobie” has two parents that it is inheriting from. What are all the implications about this?

Anyway, so the Initalize method is something like this:

private void Initialize()
    {
                this.PropertyChanged += (o, e) =>
                    {
                         If (e != null)
                         {
                                   // some stuff is done
                         }

};
    }

Now, “PropertyCHanged” is a member of the parent class “BaseThingy” which is defined like this:

public event PropertyChangedEventHandler PropertyChanged; What is the code this.PropertyChanged += (o, e) =>... all about? Is it a LINQ thingy?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen.” - Edward V Berard