I am using CanonCR.ddl to read the data from MICR scanner from my VB.net application.but its not working right...please help me out....thanks....

asp.net , VB.NET , SCanning , windows-application , Image-Processing Bombay, India
  • 10 years ago

We are using Canon CR-180 MICR scanner in our application for scanning cheques and bills. Generally we use a batch of 20 cheques at a time in scanner.

In our application we read the values of cheque like bank id, cheque number, account number, check digit from the bottom of cheque. For that we are using CanonCr.dll in our application and calling the some methods of that dll:-

But now we are facing following very strange and random issues:-

1. It is not returning the MICR data for some cheques means not reading the MICR data from the scanner by using that function.

2. Some times it fetches wrong data for cheques, means suppose we are scanning 10 cheques so it is putting the data of 2nd second cheque into 6th cheque and the same for other cheques. We checked at our end in application and found no issue here; it can be due to the speed of scanning at scanner, because that could be the reason for not fetching the cheque values or putting the wrong values of cheque from one cheque to another. So due to fast scanning speed sometimes scanner is not able to read values or could not be able to distinguish the correct cheque values.

For that we talked to canon support team regarding the speed of scanner, we asked them is there any way to slow down the scanning speed or put a delay in scanning process but unfortunately we did not find such option. So Request you to look into this as if we are using the correct dll or updated dll for scanning in our application.

Is anybody using that dll or support info for that dll.

Please help me out….

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Java is to JavaScript what Car is to Carpet.” - Chris Heilmann