oracle multiuser programing thru visual basic

oracle India
  • 17 years ago

hello,
     i am a programer who is doing a software project for a financial institute,the customer wants the software to be installed in around 25 nodes and run the package simultaneously, the problem which i am facing is i dont have any clear idea of how to handle multi user lock and concurrency .

i know a little about using for update nowait clause in select query,but whether this is a correct solution for this .
    since this will require me to change me all the query which i have already used and trap for the resource busy error.

all the major software companies are using oracle for there database operations, if they can help me to come out with a proper solution it would be very gratful to me

i request all the developer's who are doing projects using oracle as there database .

it would be verry useful to me if one can explain me regarding the various oracle views V$lock etc.

regards
    dayananda shenoy

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it.” - Seymour Cray