Are you a guru, lets see how good you are at it th

perl Kenya
  • 17 years ago

Hi, I've been using perl for quite some time but there's been one problem thats really got my head spinning everytime I try to solving it. Well I'ts all about this perl code, I'ts supposed to register users online who pay for some fee. The fee is recorded together with the username and the date that the user paid the fee is also recorded in an access database. There should be an expiry date for the fee after which the program is supposed to notify the administrator. Now you know why my head is still spinning. Any guru out there?? Well why don't you help out

• 17 years ago

do you have access to the actual server? ie. in the flesh so you can use and set up stuff on there?

you could use the task scheduler (if it's a windows server) and use it to query the database every midnight and do whatever.

cos checking every time someone access the database is a crap method cos (a) it slows ur code bigtime and (b) it wouldnt gurantee to actually run in time.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'” - Isaac Asimov