Report Selection Criteria

oracle United States
  • 17 years ago

In one of my reports I'm using a prompt that can have the user select customer 1, 2, etc. or all.  There is a formula (if...then...else statement) that determines what the user entered for the customer.  This works fine through Crystal, but the report is not being executed directly from Crystal.  It is being called by another program and parameters are being passed to it.  The problem is that the formula is essentially being ignored because I'm not directly using Crystal; instead, the report returns no data back.  Wildcards such as * and % have not worked either.  Is there another way that I'm not thinking of to make this work??  It is running against an Oracle database.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil.” - Donald Knuth