Converting HTML to TIFF

.net , vb6 United States
  • 16 years ago

I am looking for a way to convert a single sheet HTML page (very simple straight-up formatting, a few frames, etc) to a TIFF image.  The application can be either VB.net or VBS, although I would much prefer .NET.  Can anyone recommend a good API with which to do this, or if that doesn't exist, a good (read: RELIABLE, this is time critical) program or service that will make the conversion?  I don't care if it polls or if I have to poll and call the executable, this part of the project is still very open ended.  

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

- Robert Graebert

• 16 years ago

I'm wondering if there is a API for this. I need also an API to convert HTML to TIFF, but I can find one. I hope that some one can help us.

Thanks to everybody who will try to help.

• 16 years ago

Hai Friends,

You got the solutions for this in MS Office 2003.  If you install MS Office 2003, it will install a virtual printer (Microsoft Document Image Writer).  What you have to do is print anything on to that printer.  It will convert that to a tiff image or MID image format.  (you can set that in the printer properties)..

I think this can solve your problem....

Bye

Sudhakar

• 16 years ago
    What I would like to have, is something I can use in my .Net code for converting these things.

This will work I think but I see this as a workaround, NOT the solution.

Thanks anyway.
  • 16 years ago

Yes, this is a workaround that I have considered.  The main problem is the massive licensing issues we have with getting new applications (even office) installed on production servers.  

I have been playing with ImageMagick (the COM object, very integratable) and also with 995 software's HTML2PDF program, between the two I can do a 100% programatic conversion, but there is a problem.  Anyone here use ImageMagick at all?  When I make the conversion from PDF to TIFF with it, I am getting absolutely pathetic quality.  I have tried setting the resolution and the final image pixel dimensions in the conversion command line, but nothing seems to improve the quality.  The text is almost unidentifiable on the screen and completely worthless when printed after the conversion, but the initial PDF files are pristine...

• 16 years ago

You may try Universal Document Converter. It's virtual printer like Microsoft Document Image writer, and it  have COM interface. I think, what using it's licensing more reasonable  than spread expensive MS Office with your program. IMHO.

• 15 years ago
  • 15 years ago

'enter tiff printer driver' in Google.

I seem to recall the Informatik ones being a good choice.
    It's been a while since I used one of these.
    You can specify all sorts of options such as dpi, compression, etc

• 15 years ago

How to convert . files to *.tiff format without using tiff driver in vb or vb.net

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil.” - Donald Knuth