.NET Framework 2.0

• 16 years ago

Hello

Does anyone know when Microsoft plans to release the .NET Framework 2.0 because I am thinking of writing my new web site in ASP.NET 2.0 but I know my web host will not install beta software.

• 16 years ago

No one can host ASP.NET 2.0 at the moment. Beta 2 (which will allow hosting companies to host it if they so desire) will be out in Jan/Feb time. And final release is scheduled for "the middle of 2005". Interpret that as you please - Whidbey was originally due in early 2004!

• 16 years ago

I was asking when MS was planning to release the .NET framework 2.0 so I could know whether I should code my new site in 2.0 since there are quite a few differences and also advancements. I like the new master page feature but i don't think i can hold off with my site being released mid year.

• 16 years ago

Also while you are here James, i was looking at the user ratings and noticed two users on the third page what were registered on 01 Jan 1970; i find this quite strange.

Just letting you know

• 16 years ago

I think that's because they were registered on the site before we switched to SQL Server... so we lost the registration dates

• 16 years ago

Okay sounds right. This website is written in ASP.NET 1.0 right? Because I remember it being out when ASP.NET only just came out.

• 16 years ago

The current incarnation is written in ASP.NET (and by the summer, it should be ASP.NET 2.0). In the past, the site has been written in both ASP and PHP

• 16 years ago
    I had to think when is the summer over there, it is mid year. We Australians including Thushan get summer at Christmas time, but I am sure you would know that.

When i think about it, I think that my new web site upgrade can hold off to mid year and because I want this site finished before i release it for once it will be mid year by the time i finish it.

Thanks for your help
  • 16 years ago
    yeah the summer in england is  July/August, is it hot down under? ive got a couple of m8s somewhere in auss doing as little as poss - lazy buggers
  • 16 years ago

Yer it is pretty hot down here. But i prefer the heat over the cold because you can go for a swim and don't have to wear big jackets; we don't get cold winters here.

Have you done much with ASP.NET? Because i know you have been working in C# and have on your website that you are learning.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'” - Isaac Asimov