Problem while loading data using sqlldr

oracle United States
  • 16 years ago

Hi all,

I am using a Sqlloader for loading the data from a dat file to a table Customer_tmp. I have using the perl scirpt and doing this job from last few week. its working fine my env is oracle 8i and OS is Linux.  Recently we created a oracle 9i on another linux box where this sqlloader is not working. i tested the same againg in Oracle 8i box its working fine.

the data in my dat files is as follows
    1249922{,|[email protected]{,|!09/05/00{,|!LE{,|!marc{,|!ANÉ{,|! {,|!N{,|!0{,|!228{,|!0{,|!INT{,|!0{,|!0{,|!1000001{,|!BLSTH

where {,|! is the Delimiter

and my .ctl file contains as follows

LOAD DATA
      INFILE 'test3.dat'
    TRUNCATE INTO TABLE customertmp
    FIELDS TERMINATED BY "{,|!"
      (OID, EMAIL, REG
    DATE DATE 'mm/dd/yy', REGTYPE, FNAME, LNAME, GENDER,
      UPLOADED, DOLLERS, WEEKS
    SINCEREGISTRATION, AMOUNTSPENT,
      REGPATH, FREEDOLLERS, DOLLERSEXPIRATION,CATINID,
      CATIN_NAME )

i am getting the following error
    Column not found before end of logical record (use TRAILING NULLCOLS)

i can use trailing nullcols after Terminated By "{,|!" because some of the fields in my data are ' '.  Even if used that i will giving that in valid  number for AmountSpent.

and from perl iam using the following command to execute sqlldr

if (system("sqlldr userid=$dbuser/$dbpass\@$dbname control=$ctlfile log=$logfile bad=$badfile direct=true") != 0) {
       die "Running sqlldr failed!\n";
    }

Please can any one help me..........................

Thanks in Advance

sambadamerla

• 15 years ago

Hi
    Simple-way
    1. Check the number of columns in the table.
    2. Check the flat file for number of values in one record
    3. Make sure number of values in one record match with all record in the flat file.
    4. Make sure 1 & 2 match, if so, no need to use TRAILING NULLCOLS

Hard-way
    1. upload all in to a single column varchae2(4000) temp table.
    2. Verify the temp table data and process through a pl/sql block to upload to the original table.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses” - Bjarne Stroustrup