Strange Happenings

• 15 years ago

IDK, I just felt like starting this discussion because I have noticed some pretty weired things while programming, post your stange experiances and share them with all  These aren't questions that should be answered, just for fun.

1) One careless call to Set Style made my Control Paint its neighbor controls ontop of itself (!)
    2) When you run a window over the visual IDE, Controls turn white, why white?
    3) A SizeGrip on a Form will display the diagonal sizer on one monitor, but when i drag the form over to my other monitor, it wont
    4) If you set up a normal gradient brush without doing anything special to it, there will be a strip of wrong colored pixels on the start side of it sometimes (set WrapMode=FlipXY to fix)
    5) In the IDE code editor, when you modify paramaters (things inside of <>'s) to something, you have to click completely off of the line(s) twice before any error checking (squiggly underlineing) is done instead of the normal once

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not.”