Set Any Printer To Be The Predeterminated Printer

• 15 years ago
    Set Any Printer To Be The Predeterminated Printer

Hi, I'm trying to set any printer to be the Predeterminated in Windows.

The last time I had a problem getting the Printers of Windows. I have got that and there's no problem.

I get the Printers doing this

Code:

For Each PrinterLoader In Printers
           frmMyPrinters.lstReceiptTicketPrinter.AddItem PrinterLoader.DeviceName
           frmMyPrinters.lstInfoProductPrinter.AddItem PrinterLoader.DeviceName
           frmMyPrinters.lstReportsPrinter.AddItem PrinterLoader.DeviceName
       Next PrinterLoader

and save this selections using this

Code:

strReceiptPrinter = lstReceiptPrinter.Text
    strInfoProductPrinter = lstInfoProductPrinter.Text
    strReportsPrinter = lstReportsPrinter.Text

the Controls are contained in the form frmMyPrinters and are List Boxes

I fill the List Boxes to show them and the user can select the Printer to each activity is done in my programm
    for example when I sell a Product I need to Print the information of the product and the Receipt at the same time.
    I use the lstReceiptTicketPrinter.Text and the lstInfoProduct.Text to do this the .Text are the names of the printers.

An when i performe Reports I use the string variables

The three printers are Installed in the same PC including the four printer but i won't use that.

I set the Printer of the User-Selected-Printer doing this

Code:

Public Sub SetMyPrinter(MyPrinterName As String)

For Each MyPrinter In Printers
           If MyPrinterName = MyPrinter.DeviceName Then
               Set Printer = MyPrinter
           End If
       Next MyPrinter

End Sub

to call this procedure i do this

Code:

SetMyPrinter strReportsPrinter
           dtrTicket.PrintReport

MyPrinterName in SetMyPrinter is the string of my Selected printer to perform the printing

and dtrTicket is my DataReport so I only call the Event of my DataReport, PrintReport

After this the Printing should be directed to my printer of the Receipts but it doesn't
    I checked it after i SetMyPrinter the Printer.DeviceName is the same like the string argument.

So I realized that the printing is set to the Determinated Printer of Windows, so in this case is a Samsung SCX-4x16 Series, that is set like Predeterminated

And even if a try a lot of times seting any printer the printing is always send to that printer, but if a change the Predeterminated Printer in Windows to the ReceiptPrinter

(EPSON TM-U220D Receipt) the printing is send to that printer.

So I need to perfome this

Change the Windows Predeterminated Printer every time I want to Printe the different Reports and Receipts because a Receipt and a Report must be printed at the same

time.

I do this to do that with the strInfoProductoPrinter and the strReceiptPrinter

Code:

SetMyPrinter strInfoProductPrinter
    dtrInfoProduct.PrintReport

SetMyPrinter strReceiptPrinter
    dtrTicket.PrintReport

Here's a List of the Printers I have Installed:

Samsung SCX-4X16 Series (Predeterminated)
    EPSON LX-300+ (This must be changed at Run-Time to be Predeterminated)
    EPSON TM-U2220D Receipt (This must be changed at Run-Time to be Predeterminated)
    HP PSC 1310 Series

I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME, BECAUSE I´M WORRIED ABOUT THIS

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“You can stand on the shoulders of giants OR a big enough pile of dwarfs, works either way.”