The points system died again?

• 19 years ago

Hei there,

The pointing systm died again...i posted some replies yesterday n that time my points stays to 377 this morning i posted some more replies, still 377?

I better goto www.vbcity.com/forum

• 19 years ago

I've posted a load of replies in the last coupla days, but theres been no change to my points.

• 19 years ago

Oic...not only me alone...

• 19 years ago

It's now done on a batch job for the database to calculate how many points you are owed... and as I've been very busy, and the database has been down, it hasn't been run. I have now run the batch job

• 19 years ago

Thanks for responding so fast James...u r simply the great!

• 19 years ago

hehe... no probs.... u just caught me at the right time

• 19 years ago

Good

• 19 years ago

cheers mate

Are you really moving to MaximumASP?  And if so, when?

• 19 years ago

:P

• 19 years ago

Just as soon as I've rewritten Developer Fusion once again in ASP.NET .... MaximumASP doesn't support PHP and MySQL...... anyway, it will be good experience

• 19 years ago

Bravo James!

• 19 years ago

James,

Sorry to bother you, the points system since cannot be updated itself, would you can write a batch file using PHP and update the thing? I m a zero idiot about PHP, maybe i m talking stupid on this...

Then it save u some effort to take care this thing easily right?

• 19 years ago

I've done that.. I've just gotta remember to do it... and for the moment, all updates, prizes etc have been frozen whilst I concentrate on rewriting the site....

• 19 years ago

Hopefully the new site will come out soon....

• 19 years ago

yes.... unfortunately, I'm also being bogged down with work... any offers of help will be appreciated

• 19 years ago

James Crowley said:

Quote:
    yes.... unfortunately, I'm also being bogged down with work... any offers of help will be appreciated

If you're doing the site in php i'll be glad to help.  Its a while since i've done any asp, but if you want some simple mundane boring asp coding done, i'm sure i could help out.

Say what you want and i'll see if i can help.

• 19 years ago

I m a ASP developer, but i m still stick back to NT (ASP 3 prior) not even to .NET platform, does this could give u a small hand?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“PHP is a minor evil perpetrated and created by incompetent amateurs, whereas Perl is a great and insidious evil perpetrated by skilled but perverted professionals.” - Jon Ribbens