About font on color codings

• 15 years ago

What are you doing? Why is your first ever DF post a test?

Let me know and I'll delete this thread

• 15 years ago
    tum te tum. That was me :P Was trying to figure out why some people are getting errors editing their messages
  • 15 years ago
    LOL.... i'll leave you to it then
  • 15 years ago
    PS. on this user's profile his birthday looks a little odd: http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/profile/51728

is what what it defaults to if they don't put their dob? perhaps it could say "Not specified" or something

happy new yr btw
  • 15 years ago
    Yeah, gotta get that sorted. You're also now an admin, so you can access a bit more of the system... there's still lots of rough edges, but I'll be wanting your feedback. We'll also be getting some private admin/moderator forums very soon.

Happy new year, and many thanks as ever!
  • 15 years ago
    Cool, I'll take a look and let you know

I'm also getting errors editing other people's messages - it says i'm not a moderator when I just tried to add a second "" to your message
  • 15 years ago
    hehe, i just went to ./admin and it won't let me access any of the bits - which bits of the system am i supposed to be able to access and test?
  • 15 years ago
    You'll probably have to log in and out again... though the roles should refresh eventually.
  • 15 years ago

Hi james,

whats up! good to see color coding changes in submitted code samples. But dont you think font size & spacing is narrow & causing eye strain

• 15 years ago

I can bump up the font-size if you think necessary - but you can also use the text-size options in your browser - everything should scale okay. (that's me being lazy )

• 15 years ago

I think it's fine

You could have a bit at the bottom where you select from three font sizes, small/medium/large, then store that in a cookie and load the right stylesheet for the user.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup