Spam email from developer fusion member

• 15 years ago

has anybody else received spam email from user: monistico. Monica Bello <private developer fusion message>

looks like the classic "Will transfer money to your account, but only after you give me money first."

Sorry, please disregard. Just read a previous post where it has already been discussed.

PS. I wonder how many people would be stupid enough to actually fall for that rubbish.

• 15 years ago
    Yep we've sorted it Hopefully no-one will be stupid enough to act on it!
  • 15 years ago

One of my old mates from school has joined the Marines, and he said that one of the guys in his squad (or mess, or whatever), actually fell for one of these scams, and ended up giving away £20,000 in the hope of receiving £1.5m or something.

Of course, he never heard anything back... Wink [;)]

• 15 years ago

omw, it's amazing how people can be so stupid!! my and my girlfriend were watching Watchdog yesterday (how cool are we!!) about some bloke who claimed to have all these weird religious powers and abilities to heal people........ and then he'd charge people £15,000 just to meet him, and then they'd "suggest" amounts to donate and in return he would 'heal' them.... for like £30,000 or even someone was going to pay £1,000,000

how can they be so dumb! it's as clear as ANYTHING that all they wanted was money!!

(I notice you're a "Junior Member" now.... nice one, and get posting! Wink [;)])

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray