vCommune::Content III

• 14 years ago

I just found a nasty little bug when trying to submit content.  It seems that if you use FireFox, and there is an Image inside one of your Pages, whenever you try to Edit that page the following happens.  It loads everything all right, it appears inside the Edit box, but then everything quickly disappears.  You can't even click the HTML tab to see if that's still there.  The only way I have managed to keep the content from disappearing is to rapidly scroll the Edit Box scroll bar (using the scroll wheel on my mouse) while everything is still in the process of loading.  I really hope you all can duplicate this behavior, else I sound like a babbling idiot Exclamation [:)].

The problem only happens in FireFox when you have inserted an Image (the only other browser I tried is IE though).

• 14 years ago

Cheers for the bug report, James is back in August so he can fix it then Stick out tongue [:P]

• 14 years ago

Well I've been editing a lot of content using the rich-text editor and firefox, and I haven't had that problem. I occassionally find that firefox just won't let me type in the text area, so then i have to go back and re-click the link to open the page again. But I haven't had the error you're talking about. What version of firefox are you on? I'm on the latest, 1.5.0.1, and like I said, that's fine.

To be honest, this sounds more like a firefox compatibility problem than a devfusion problem - as the editor works fine in IE and firefox 1.5.0.1, it's probably just an incomptibility or a bug with an older version of firefox.

• 14 years ago

Hmm, it seems my copy of FireFox decided to stop letting me know when new downloads became available...  Updated now and the problem went away, you were right on Exclamation [:)].

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind.” - Alan Kay