Object To Relational Mapping

• 14 years ago

There are plenty of Object to relational mapping tools available in the market, but we don't know the strengths and weaknesses of each. Let’s share our experiences with O/R mapping products to the others.

Please comment which of the following products you’ve used and what was the outcome. Feel free to add more tools to the list.

NPersist

TierDeveloper

EntityBroker

DeKlarit

Lattice.DataMapper

LLBGen Pro

XPO eXpress Persistent Objects

Nolics.net O/R mapper

Wilson ORMapper

NHibernate

MyGeneration
  • 14 years ago

I have used TierDeveloper personally and I’m very much satisfied with the product. Here are some of the strengths of TierDeveloper(in my opinion)

Strenghts
    Easy to use. Learning curve is around 1 hour.
    Customization of the generated code is possible through TemplateIDE tool provided with it.
    Advanced features like synchronization with the database, automatic creation of relationships, inheritance support, object binding support etc.
    Very responsive support staff
    Support for large number of databases

Generates fully working database applications for real-life use

• 14 years ago

With the passage of time everything changes. Best practices for coding are also rapidly changing. Microsoft regularly anounces new tools, technologies and concepts that more oftenly compete/contradict with the existing ones. So an ORM for .NET must meet the changing technology and concepts prevailing in the .NET world.

I think TierDeveloper is a better ORM product for .NET code generation. Alachisoft continuously announces newer patch for TierDeveloper that incorporate new .NET concepts and techs. Recently TierDeveloper added support for Partial Classes in .NET 2.0. So always go for an ORM product that continuously adapts itself according to the technology.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debuggers don't remove bugs. They only show them in slow motion.”