Terraservice Webservice, Problems displaying the Image

• 14 years ago

Hi, sorry first of all for my english. It isn't as good as it should be.

I have a problem with the terraservice webservice (terraservice).
    I have coded a tool where you can search for cities. The results are listed in a listbox. If i choose now one entry and click on a button, the image corresponding to the coordinates of the city should be shown in a paintbox.

If you go on the terraservice webpage, you can see that the image exists of 6 small images.

Well, my problem is: The tool loads all 6 parts of the big image. But it loads them one upon the other, and not like shown on the terraservice webpage.

My code:
            For x As Int32 = xStart To abb.NorthEast.TileMeta.Id.X
                For y As Int32 = abb.SouthWest.TileMeta.Id.Y To yStart
                    Dim tid As net.terraservice.TileId
                    tid = abb.NorthWest.TileMeta.Id

tid.X = x
                    tid.Y = y

Dim msImage As New System.IO.MemoryStream(TerraService.GetTile(tid))
                    tileImage = Image.FromStream(msImage)
                    compositeGraphics.DrawImage(tileImage, (x - xStart) * tileImage.Width - CInt(abb.NorthWest.Offset.Point.Lon), (yStart - y) * tileImage.Height - CInt(abb.NorthWest.Offset.Point.Lat), tileImage.Width, tileImage.Height)
                    pictureMap.Image = Image.FromStream(msImage)
                    tileImage.Dispose()
                    msImage = Nothing
                Next
            Next
            MsgBox("all done...")

You'll find infos to the webservice on:
    http://www.terraservice.net/about.aspx?n=AboutTerraServiceOverview

Maybe you can help me.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only 3 numbers of interest to a computer scientist: 1, 0 and infinity”