Including dotnetfx.exe in deployment pro

• 19 years ago

Upon first pass it appears as thought the dotnet framework is no longer embedded and automatically deployed with VS.NET microsoft installer deployment projects as it was in Release Candidate 1.  I was hoping not to have the user have to run the dotnetfx.exe redistributable separately before they could install the .NET application I have written.

When I compile a deployment project I get the warning: "This setup does not contain the .NET Framework which must be installed on the target machine by running dotnetfx.exe before this setup will install.  You can find dotnetfx.exe on the Visual Studio .NET 'Windows Components Update' media.  Dotnetfx can be redistributed with your setup."

Does any know a way to have the dotnetfx.exe automatically run when a new .NET application is being installed?  Any ideas on other options?

Kyle

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match” - Bill Bryson