using soap to call a server for a result??? -- SOLVED

• 14 years ago

SOLVED

hi
    im not sure if this is the right forum to post this.
    im writing a pass link between a client and server.
    i got the specs and they gave me a wsdl file witch is in bold below, and also
    some vb code to connect....

strResult = oClient.<function>(“<parameters>”)

this is what i got and below is what i wrote. but it does not look like the server wil see that im calling the ProcessCL function. cuss if i type in oClient. and press the dot the in the auto complete list there is no option to pick this function.

my question is--- Is this the correct way to do this to enable me to pass a string value to the server and receive a string value back????

Public Class QEPas
        Public oClient As New MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30
        Public strResult As String

Public Function bookings(ByVal packet As String) As String
            MsgBox("bookings")
            oClient.MSSoapInit("http://Bacchus/UHBPASQueryService/UHBPASQueryService.wsdl")
            strResult = oClient.ProcessCL(packet)
            Return strResult
            oClient = Nothing
        End Function
    End Class

---> the ProcessCL process was a built in process in the calling location. so it worked fine

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than in practice.”