Splash Screen: 2 Triangles with a graduated color scheme

• 14 years ago

Hi.

I do not know how to create the code for two traingles with a graduated color scheme in a splash screen form. Hint: These triangles were created by drawing successibely shorter lines and varying the color for each line drawn. The top triangle varies the green value from 0 to 255. The red and blue values are zero. The lower-right triangle was created by varing the blue from 255 to 0. The red and green values are 0.

I need the sample coding.

Many thanks.

• 14 years ago

Everything to do 2d drawing is located under the system.drawing namespace.  You need a graphics object to do the drawing and an image to draw on.  The code I provided in your other thread uses these two elements to draw a triangle.  Here is another snippet that simplifies the whole thing.  All I did here was draw a line, which according to your hint is what you need to be able to do.  From the sounds of it I'm guessing you are doing some project for school so I really don't think I should do the whole thing for you, but once you can draw a line you should be able to figure out how to create a triangle using many lines.

'Image thats 50x50
            Dim bmp As New Bitmap(50, 50)
            'Graphics object to do the drawing
            Dim gr As Graphics = Graphics.FromImage(bmp)

'Draw a line from point (0,0) to (50,0) (ie. a horizontal line 50 pixels wide)
            gr.DrawLine(Pens.Black, 0, 0, 50, 0)
            'Clean up
            gr.Dispose()
            'Set the image drawn as PictureBox1's image
            PictureBox1.Image = bmp
  • 14 years ago

Thanks.

Yes it is for my school project. I will work on it. Will let you know.

Thanks,

Regena

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila” - Mitch Ratcliffe