converting flat files into xml - help!

xml India
  • 13 years ago

Hi,

my requirement is as follows:

1. Convert a fixed length flat file into xml

2. Validate this xml against an xsd

3. When encountered a missng/invalid data, promt the user about the error by displaying a list of error messages in left pane. When the user double clicks on a particular error message, an editor should open up in the right pane, allowing the user to make changes in that particular line/position and parse it again.

Please help me with an approach towards conversion of fixed length flat files(Should I be using a custom xmltextreader or is there a better way to do this?) and with an approach towards displaying the flat file in an editor, taking the user to that particular line and position which has errored data and needs correction.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila” - Mitch Ratcliffe