Re: Site slow

• 13 years ago

I could say something about this directive but I'll the experts to do the talking because they do better.

You can read this article : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hdxfb6cy.aspx
    Will tell you everything you need to know about "PageCache".

But I'll tell you something else: [this could be a secret, you know...  ;) ]

If you have some pages with a lot of content do this trick because it will help you a lot:

For ASP.NET pages:
    Use "PageCache" directive

For .html, .htm, .php... pages
    Let's consider this scenario:
    You have two pages: one called default.html and other called pictures.html
    You know that all your user will have to navigate first to default.html page and after that to pictures.html. The pictures.html has to load 30 pictures and a lot of text content, which makes this page a big one, so is not a fast loading page.
    In this case, you can add in your default.html page some content from pictures.html page and load it with the default.html page.

</FONT><FONT face=Verdana color=#000000 size=2>This pictures are showing in pictures.html but loaded&nbsp;with default.html
    &lt;img src="img1" class="hide"&nbsp;/&gt;
    &lt;img src="img2" class="hide"&nbsp;/&gt;
    &lt;img src="img3" class="hide"&nbsp;/&gt;
    &lt;img src="img4" class="hide"&nbsp;/&gt;
    &lt;img src="img5" class="hide"&nbsp;/&gt;

The hide class:
    .hide { display: none; }[/code/</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#000000 size=2>By loading content from pictures.html in default.html you will improve the loading time for pictures.html because when the user navigates to pictures.html you don't have to load again those 5 pictures you have loaded with default.html because they are already loaded.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Verdana color=#000000 size=2>I hope this make sense for you.</FONT></P>

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.” - Donald Knuth