need some guidence

• 13 years ago
    hay,

I made a form with some fileds on it
    and  wnat to know hoe to make a loop that will creats theses feilds more than once fdepending on how many times the user wants the filed to appear

for example
    ther is a text field and beside it a combo box field and a botton.
    if the user clickes the button twice I want the two field to apear twice

please some one respond asap or email me  at  [email protected]

thnx

• 13 years ago
    Are these to appear next to each other, or where should they be in relation to each other?  If the user clicks this button 100 times you want 100 of these fields?

You can look at the on_click event of the button and should be able to create your "field" and then set your positioning of it.  If you do a search for something along the lines of creating run-time objects that should help get you started, though you'll probably want to rename each object.

As far as design goes, it probably would be a good idea to limit the amount of objects that can be created and displayed at once, lest they get click happy and end up with a huge mess.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil.” - Donald Knuth