Hi,deployment problem

• 13 years ago

hi,

i have developed a visual basic 6 project including an active report 2.0 report files. when i used the deployment and package wizard it successfully finished preparing the setup file. here , i have faced two problems.

1. when i try to install this software in another computer in which activereport 2.0 software is not nstalled, it said "some system files of this computer are out of date,setup  can't continue.....", what can i do?

2. when i try to run this software from its executable file directly, it run successfully , but when i want to view report, i can't run rather gives me error message and halts. should i have to install the software to view reports? what can i do?

please help, i am very much in need of your support.

• 13 years ago
    Its Just an idea. In my application i am doing like this then its working fine.
    Just try.
    At the time of deploying the application, it includes some dll files, exe files with checkboxes checked.
    At that time you click on add button. Then select the exe file for activereport 2.0 then continue.

• 13 years ago

Just try this one...

1. Does your data report's datasource is the DataEnvironment1? 
    2. If it is... put a code in the DataEnvironment1. Can you please give me the error of your report... maybe I can help you.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than in practice.”