Control Array in vb.net 2003

vb.net India
  • 13 years ago

Dear Gurus,

Please help me if anybody know how to create control array.

Here I m using winsock com control and I want to create a array of this control, because to handel multiclient client server application.

but I m unable to create array of a control.

As this is very easy in VB6 by giving the value of index property of that control, but how it is possible in vb.net 2003 i wonder. please help me.

Thanks in advance.

• 13 years ago

The winsock control is no longer used in .net.  You should be using the System.Net.Sockets namespace.  Here is a link to another forum where a user asked about using Winsock.  The responder posted a few links that help explain the Sockets namespace.  Maybe you should check them out.

Creating a control array is simple in .net.  However, unlike vb6 there is no design time support for it.  All you need to do is create an array of whatever control you want.  For instance a textbox control array is easily created like this.

Dim TextBoxArray as TextBox(5)

• 13 years ago

Thank u very much 4 the reply,

I want to connect multiple client with a server.

Actually I have Application Server.

I want to connect my client application with the server when it start. so I need multiple client to connect simultaniously with the server.

I got the system.net.sockets but how to connect multiple clients with the server please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves” - Alan Kay