MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 not working

• 13 years ago

MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 not working from the programs menu nor through Visual Studio. I cannot search the MSDN library at all even though I have installed it.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HEEEEELP !!?!?!?!?!?

The errors I get are:

From The Programs Menu
    ---------------------------
    Microsoft Document Explorer cannot be shown because the specified help collection 'ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.v80.en' is invalid.

Through Visual Studio 2005 Going to Help / Contents
    ---------------------------

It brings up Document Explorer but I cannot see any books, articles. When I goto do a search I get:

Microsoft Document Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I restart and select to Restart Microsoft Document Explorer and Don't Send error report, it restarts Document Explorer and only shows the SQL Server 2005 books. The title of Document explorer also only reads SQL Server 2005 Books Online (May 2007)

Pressing F1 in Visual Studio gives
    -----------------------------------
    No topics could be located that were relevant to the F1 request.

SQL Server Books Online works fine

I tried reinstalling and repairing :

- MSDN
    - Visual Studio
    - SQL Server
    - SQL Books Online
    - Document explorer

I'll try again but this is very odd. please help ?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” - Edsger Dijkstra