how Create Dynamic website..

.net , asp.net , css , db Cedar Rapids, United States
  • 13 years ago

hi there,

i am New to this Forum. Anyone out there like to help me out, by giving some tips.

I need to create a Dynamic Website using ASP.Net 2005,enabled with menus, custom scrollbar,onmouseover and onmouseout events, and using SQL 2005 as backend.

i will be most thankful for anyone giving the Suggestion

Thank you
    Dilip
    .Net Consulting

• 13 years ago

Looks like you got your work cut out for you doing this. Tips? hmmmm... google around to see if you can obtain some articles / code from others who have done the same. Depending upon what you're actually gonna do, this could be a mamoth task to do single handed. Perhaps take a look at code generators or meta-databases from which to generate your site. Being any more specific is probably not going to help you out much.

Joe 

• 13 years ago

What you're looking to do is pretty complex.

It took a team of 4 programmers, and a graphics designer, to develop our last .net project, and it took us close to 4 months to get a complete site up.  And that was using a pre-existing database structure and content (We designed a new wrapper for the site essentialy).  Part of the reason it took 4 months was because we were all just learning .NET at the time.  Now, the same project might take us all about 2 months to complete fully.

My suggestion would be to look into design practices, and find sites that offer templates that you can use as a base for your site design.  Also, look for source-code snippits for rollover menus that you can apply CSS templates to.

• 13 years ago

hi there,
    First of all thanks for all people for their suggestions. I tryied and get some of the my work done. But still lots of work pending due to some problems. For dynamic website, all the menu information should be stored in database from load event all the menu should be generated. Also i have to use html controls rather than server controls. If anyone has any idea please send me your suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jitesh Tolar
    Programmer
    .Net Consulting

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter” - Eric Raymond