How to POST BACK?!? Pls help...

asp , javascript Iran
  • 12 years ago

I created a webform which requires some verification on the inputted data. I had the verification process in a separated ASP page. My problem is, i need to post back to the original page the result of the verification. Can anyone advise me on how to go about that?

Ex:

form.htm - this contains the form. clicking a button in this form will call verify.asp

verify.asp - contains the code doing the verification. the result of the verification i want to post back to the form.htm

• 12 years ago

Use javascript on a iframed verify.asp to transfer data to form.htm, as in:

<%

Dim Result

Result = ServerValidationProcedure(Request("Username"), Request("Password"))

%>

<script>
    parent.MessageDiv.innerHTML = <%=Result%>
    </script>

Hope it helps.

- Shai

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.”