I Need some help with a sequential file

• 12 years ago

I'm doing a program for my class and it deals with sequential files. The instructions go like this "You are to add another module to the program. This is to be an UPDATE module. This is to allow the user to update the PRICE of item in the Inventory file. This will require you to do the following.

•  Modify your exsisting form to add another button control
    • Use input boxes to get the stocknumber and new price of an item to be changed
    • Take the necessary action to change the price 

I'm stumped b/c I know I can't directly go into the sequential file and change the item. Basically what I to do is create a function that will allow the user to change the price of an item in the sequential file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” - Martin Fowler