Internet browser - favourites, tagging: brainstorming

• 12 years ago

Hi, if you don't want to read 1-3 read 4, if you read blog and 1 - 4, send me your bank account number* :)

1. I am creating new internet browser** using WebControl. I would like to built in new abilities. I am doing it under the idea of semantic web - so I want to make it semantic-friendly (more at my blog). If you didn't read my blog, which may be supposable in short: in this moment for me - start point to have semantic internet is in collecting links, tagging links.
    2. And in this stage I am trying to find the best way to make current page favourite ([named] / [tagged] / dated), but an inovative much more easy way than it is in top browsers(now you may do drag and drop, optionally open manager to create folder, and mostly click props of link to rename - which is such easy, that you can also narrow the selection of what you would favourite if it take less time and offer better search/sort/quick select functions.)
    3. The brainstorming I would like to do here is mostly GUI related. For information this browser should offer also most of ie and ff functions which are best made, but at first place parallel favourising-historising-tagging-publishing-public semantising (in same step, may be shorter than now favourising is in IE and FF). I am thinking about console access as in vim through maybe Ctrl-O, or some Fn key. Where console would accept semantising command for currently focused page. Or could console be always visible and accesible through click or key.
    4. So, what gui solutions of "making the page favourite" you would welcomed. Less actions, more intelligible, intuitive. Also solution of browsing/managing favourites welcomed.

Any creative storms are appreciated!

*(joke!!)
    ** OS, FW / CW / DW

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.”