Questions about Mshtml.dll and Net 2.0 and Net 3.5

• 12 years ago

First, is there anywhere I can go in MS to see the offical list of dll's for Net 2.0 and Net 3.5?

Second, I have an old application that was upgraded from Net 1.0 to Net 2.0.  I am using Microsoft.mshtml.dll from NET\Primary Interop Assemblies ver 7.0.3300.0.  This works with the WebBrowser control from Net 2.0 system.windows.forms Framework version V2.050727.  My question: is there a newer version of mshtml.dll to work with the NET 2.0 control and if so where can I get it.

Third,  I am thinkking about going to Net 3.5 from Net 2.0 - same question If I use the webBrowser control from Net 3.5 what mshtml.dll should I use (version) and where can I get it.

Fourth, If I install Net 3.5 should I delete Net 2.0.  Is Net 3.5 a replacement for Net 2.0? 

Last, Originally the Net 2.0 WebBrowser control was just a wrapper around the old COM Interop.SHDocVw webBrowser control from Interop.ShDocVw.dll has this scenario change in Net 3.5?

---- I had to do the following to get a value of New Window Target URL.  The new 2.0 WebBrowser control is just a wrapper, an API, to the old COM CLASS WebBrowser.  Since the new 2.0 WebBrowser control does not expose where a new window is navigating to we hook the real COM one (We DirectCast the new 2.0 Webbrowser to the old COM class WebBrowser) and Navigate using the EVENT/DELEGATE bsturl which holds the value of the NewWindow target URL.

Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks Greg

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.” - Dennis Ritchie