elapsed time calculation b/w two click events

db Korea
  • 12 years ago

I have a start button, pause button and end button.when user clicks on start button the timer should start, when they press pause button, timer should pause and should able to store the elapsed time in terms of minutes...later again if the user press the resume button (the same pause button) the timer should continue from the elapsed time..finally after clicking end button the total duration of the elapsed time (before pause and after resume click events) in minutes should get stored in access database field..

I need to do this in vb.net 2003 with access database 2003...

thanks a lot for ur valuable suggestion....

regards

chandru 

• 12 years ago

Using Windows.Forms.Timer? Holy crap :) Use Microsoft.VisualBasic.Timer# instead. It returns you time in ms, and it needs no 'run'. Next thing you can take a look at my access resource . You just can tak a look at commands. It may suffice. SQL: (Insert Into myTable1(stamp,stopt) Values(now," & time.toString & ")" . thats all

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.” - Rick Osborne